Here is a list of our most Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this course approved by the District Court I received my Ticket in?
- Do I have to be a North Carolina Resident to Take an Online Course?
- I’m not sure if I’m eligible to take a Driving School Class. How do I find out?
- Which traffic school courses do you offer?
- Is there an age requirement for DSJ Driving School?
- How long will the online class take?
- What does the course entail?
- Is there a test?
- Why does this course have timers?
- How Do I Sign Up for a Course Online?
- Is Ordering a Course With My Credit Card Online Safe?
- I Have Signed Up for a Course, What Do I Do Now?
- What if I lose my username or password?
- My username has expired, but I’m not done with the course. Can I have my username activated again?
- How long do I have to complete the class?
- What certificate delivery options do I have?
This course is approved by individual courts in the state of North Carolina. You will have to verify with the District Attorney’s office were you received your ticket to check whether they will approve the course for you to get your ticket reduced.
No, you do not have to be a North Carolina resident to take a course. However, you will have to verify with your state’s DMV to check whether that course is approved for your state.
If you have hired an Attorney and they are advising you to take a driving school class to help get your ticket reduced then you are good to go! If you are representing yourself in court contact the court your received your ticket in and request more information concerning your particular circumstance.
We offer 3 courses to meet the needs of every driver. All Classes are for drivers in North Carolina who have received permission from their local court to attend traffic school for ticket or point dismissal.
- The DSJ Driving School 8-hr Online Traffic Safety Class
- The DSJ Driving School 8-hr In person Traffic Safety Class
- The DSJ Driving School 12-hr In Person Traffic Safety Class
Check with your Insurance Company you may also be eligible to take the class for discount purposes, if your insurance company offers rate reductions for successful completion of a driver safety program.
No. Drivers of any age may take this course.
For residents of all North Carolina Counties, our course meets the required 8-hour time length.
Our Course may be completed in one day, or you spread it out over a longer period of time. How long you take to complete the course is entirely up to you.
Each of your 8 course chapters focuses on topics that pertain to North Carolina driving and traffic laws. These topics include:
- Knowledge of Basic Traffic Laws
- Dangers of Speeding
- Dangers of Impaired Driving
- Vehicle Safety features and Maintenance
- Civil Liabilities
Click “Registration” button. Then please fill out the required input fields including a username and password, your email address and your credit card information.
Ordering online using your credit card information is absolutely safe! All our payments are run thru PayPal. You can click on the link to view PayPals Security Features: How secure is the PayPal site?
Please go to “Login” in the menu bar to the right and enter your username and password. The program will then allow you to access the course you purchased. If you have any problems with this process, please call (919) 771-7730 for assistance.
If you lose your username or password, follow this link– get password. From this window, you must provide the email address that you used when you registered for the course. Your username and password will immediately be emailed to you.
When you sign up for the course you are given 180 days to complete it. If you let the time go by without completing the course, you must call DSJ Driving School 919-771-7730 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, to have your usermane and password reactivated.
We allow you 180 days to complete your course before your account is suspended. Depending on your court date you may need to complete your class sooner rather than later. Make sure know your court date, or ask your Attorney when you need to have the certificate to them to determine how long you have.
Regardless of your court date you MUST complete the course within 180 days of registration. Any student who has not successfully completed the course within 180 days may be suspended without notice. DSJ Does not issues refunds. We are happy to transfer you to an inperson class is you are not able to complete the class online.
Please visit our Certificate Delivery Page for more Information.